- Our commitment to your privacy
- Personal data
Personal data is considered to be information or fragments of information that could allow your identification, for example:
- Name and contact details (e.g. postal address, email or telephone number).
- Account details (e.g. username, profile photo or social network account identity).
- Country of residence.
- Date of birth.
- Technical information e.g. screenname or username, IP address, browser or device data, information gathered from cookies, pixel tags and other technology, data from log files on the server, location data or data on application use.
- Preferences (for example, purchasing habits or favourite courses).
- Name and address of the company or school.
- Debit or credit card number.
- How do we gather personal data?
We gather personal data in several ways:
- Directly from you: we collect information directly from you, either because you give it to us directly or because you act in a way that causes us to receive the information, for example:
- In person: We gather your personal data offline when you contact our customer service, register for one of our products or services, or provide us with information in writing.
Online: We gather your personal data through www.thinkbiglanguages.com, for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter or to a publication, or when you register for a product or service.
We also collect personal data:
- Through your use of a mobile application. When you download or use one of our mobile applications, and to the extent to which your security settings allow it, we will register and gather data from the use of the mobile application, like the date and time at which your device’s mobile application has accessed our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the mobile application based on your device identifier.
- Through your device. As long as you have enabled this function on your device, we will detect your physical location to offer you personalised services and content according to your location.
- From other sources. We could receive your personal data from other sources, like public databases, marketing partners as part of marketing agencies, software providers and automation services in digital marketing and analytics. In addition, social network platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Musically, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and messaging services like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, from friends or people connected in a different way on social networking platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- If you browse our website, we could also collect information about your use of our services through your browser to track your activity on our website, like your media access control address, type of computer (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, name of operating system and version, manufacturer of the device and model, language, type of internet browser and version, service provider and the name and version of the MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products being used. In addition, whenever you visit MCH Language Services Ltd. and MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products, your IP address is automatically identified and registered, as well as the duration of the visit and the pages visited. This data is only used along with other personal data that you have sent if you give your consent for us to do so.
- How do we use personal data?
MCH Language Services Ltd. and MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. will process your personal data with the aim of completing your reservation and providing you with the products and services that you have requested for administrative services and customer services, or when necessary to execute the contract between you and us or as described later on in this policy.
We can also use personal data:
For statistical purposes, to calculate usage levels and help to diagnose server problems with MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products, and to guarantee that MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products function correctly.
To make it possible to contact you and for other users to contact you through MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products, as the particular product allows.
To allow you to participate in message boards, chat rooms, profile pages, blogs and use other services that give you the possibility to publish information and material.
If you have given your consent:
- To analyse and improve our offers by identifying trends in usage to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and design the content and the experience with MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products based on your previous activity with MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products. For example, based on the MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. product that you have searched for on our website or in previous browsing, the MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. product offers that we make you may be limited to a specific language, course or budget.
- To provide you with personalised services and content based on your location by using your device´s physical location.
- To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example, through marketing campaigns via email, like those campaigns that run using software which maintains lists of emails and programmes, and modifies email messages according to what the recipients read, click on or forward. All these communications via email will include a clear link to cancel subscription.
- How do we share personal data?
- We share your personal data with our companies and service providers inside and outside the EU/UK/Switzerland.
- We also share personal data when we consider it necessary: (a) according to current law; (b) to comply with legal proceedings; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our deals or those of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, security, property or those of our affiliates, of others and your own; and (g) to allow us to pursue any appeal available or limit the damages that we could suffer.
- On what do we base our right to gather and use your personal data?
Our right to gather and use your personal data is based on the need to do so in order to offer you the services and products that you have requested, or when we (the service provider) have a legitimate right to use your personal information, such as for additional marketing of products or services similar to those that you have already bought from the same legal entity.
- On what do we base our right to gather and use your personal data?
We use the necessary organisational, technical and administrative methods to make sure that your personal details under our control are accurate and up to date, and to protect your personal details against unauthorised or illicit processing and accidental loss, and the destruction or damage of your personal details.
- Cancelling Your Subscription
If you wish to stop receiving our promotional messages at any moment, you can use the option to unsubscribe included in the promotional message that you have received, or notify us via the contact information listed in the section ´Contact Us´. Please indicate in your message that you wish to stop receiving our promotional messages.Please take into account that the changes may not come into effect immediately. We will do our best to fulfil your request as soon as possible.
- Third Party Websites
- Third Party Websites
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for the time that is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or according to the limited time stipulated by the law or by commercial practice, unless it is necessary to retain it for longer in order to fulfil a legal obligation or for the recognition, exercise or defence of a right, or unless a specific time period has been communicated.We will retain the limited parts of your personal data that are necessary for commercial purposes until you withdraw your consent, but in no circumstances for more than 10 years after your last service is completed or after the delivery of a product.
- If you are under 16 years of age
If you are under 16 years of age, you must revise this text with your parent or guardian to ensure that both of you understand it. We are not responsible for checking your age, however, at times we carry out inspections. If it comes to our attention that you are under 16 years of age and that we have collected information about you without the consent of your parent or guardian, we will eliminate the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. products.
- Sensitive Datas
We do not normally attempt to collect any personal data of a sensitive nature. This is data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health or illnesses, criminal record or union membership. However, this could be necessary in certain situations. We will ensure that we receive your explicit consent to process it, and will handle your information in a secure way.
- Your rights
You have the right to contact us once every calendar year and we will establish free of charge what information about you has been used. You have the right to receive your personal details in electronic format and to transfer your details to another individual responsible for their handling.You have the right, at any moment, to withdraw your consent, object to us using your personal data for direct sales purposes and request that the use of your personal data be restricted, or that your personal data be eliminated. However, it must be taken into account that this restriction or elimination could make us unable to provide you with the information, services or products that you have requested. We are also obliged to correct the personal details that are incorrect, incomplete or misleading if you request so.
- Contact us
If you wish to receive a copy of the information that MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L. has about you, a copy of the data protection clauses, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at the following address. MCH Consultoría Estudia S.L., Calle Alonso Heredia 31, Madrid 28028, España. If you have any complaint about the handling of your personal information, you have the right to contact the supervising authority of the country where you live. You can also do this via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form available on the page https://www.thinkbiglanguages.com/contactanos/.